Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New York Times and BBC

Personally, I'd much rather get my news from an actual newspaper, as reading from a computer usually gives me headaches. But being a college student, I often find myself pressed for time, so getting news online proves to be the most efficient way. I've never actually visited the BBC website before and rarely do I visit the New York Times. Mostly I'll just hop onto CNN whenever I get a free chance. But after viewing both of their websites, they each seem very informative and rival CNN. Both offer news that appeal to everyone, they have the top headlines and business news that many professionals like to keep up to date on, but also they each offer entertainment and sports news as well. One of the things I noticed on the BBC site is that they offer their news in 33 languages. Which I think is amazing. It makes their news site much more accessible to those who don't speak english very well or even at all. I think, in my opinion, I view the New York Times website as being targeted more towards our part of the world while BBC is trying to reach out to everyone.

No comments: