Thursday, October 25, 2007

Budweiser Frogs

I've always enjoyed a good advertisement. Especially those that always stick out in your mind. One of those happens to be the old Budweiser commercials with the talking frogs. I'm sure many of you remember seeing it. I thought it was a very clever, and effective commercial. The humor of the frogs repeating each syllable was very memorable and the frogs soon became associated with the Budweiser brand. It was a very simple advertisement, with no much other than the frogs talking. But since Budweiser is such a recognizable brand, that's pretty much all the commercial needed. I think if much more was added, it would have been too much. I think that as Budweiser is a classic beer, this commercial will always be a classic in the consumers minds. I'll always remember the frogs and Budweiser, as I'm sure many others will also.

5 comments:

Sarah&Lauren said...

I remember this commercial. To this day it is my favorite Bud commercial, followed by the "waaazzzzzaaaap" commercial. It is usually the first ad that pops into my head when I think Budweiser.

Elizabeth and Dana said...

I agree-it is a very simple yet effective ad. It definitely has good recall and recognition, which is essential for an ad to be effective. Bud always does a great job of having great commercials.

Dana

Sarah&Lauren said...

I loved this commercial too. I think for a lot of kids our age this commercial stands out to be one of the best. I love commercials that are funny, they make them that much more enjoyable to watch. When you are sitting there watching one of your favorite shows and you have to endure the thousands of commercial breaks that they have right when something was about to happen on your show. Wouldn't you rather watch the Budweiser frogs then watch some boring car commercial?

CARS2009 said...

Budweiser has established themselves in the American mind as a beer that is the king of beers and these commercials will always stick out in my mind. Never have I seen a beer or alcohol commercial that so many people recognize and know as well as the Bud frogs. Congratulations to the ad agency who hit a homerun with these commercials!

Christos & Ashley said...

This commercial was very catchy. I was easy to relate the frogs to the beer. It was very simple yet very rememberable. It was not too much of a distraction from the actual product that they were advertising.